Dr. Diogo Amorim
Dr. Diogo Amorim is a physician licensed by the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Coimbra. From an early age, he was a pioneer in the field of non-conventional therapies.
He founded Instituto de Medicina Integrativa, in Portugal, to establish a bridge between conventional medicine and unconventional therapies. His work has contributed to the development of integrative medicine in Portugal.
- Clinical Director of Instituto de Medicina Integrativa in Coimbra.
- Licensed in Medicine, by the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Coimbra
- Specialization in Sports Medicine by the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Porto.
- Competence in Medical Acupuncture by the Physicians Order.
- Post-graduation in Acupuncture and Moxibustion by the Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar (ICBAS) – Porto.
- Master’s degree in Acupuncture and Moxibustion by the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Santiago de Compostela – Spain.
- Coordinator of postgraduate studies of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, at Miguel Torga Institute – Coimbra.
- Lecturer of Postgraduate Education of Acupuncture and Moxibustion in the Faculty of Medicine, (ICBAS) – Porto.
- Lecturer in the Master of Acupuncture and Moxibustion in the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Santiago de Compostela – Spain.
- Specialization in Acupuncture in Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine, Sao Paulo – Brazil.
- Specialization in Acupuncture and Cosmetic Dermatology – United Kingdom.Other formations in traditional Chinese Medicine:
- Chinese herbs in the Higher Institute of Traditional Medicines – Spain.
- Tui-Na Massage, Pediatric and Medical Foot Reflexology, with Prof. Peng Xuming – Portugal.
- Certified Therapeutic Qigong – Wellness Medical Qigong – Malaysia.
- Chinese dietotherapy, Faculty of Medicine of the University of Santiago de Compostela – Spain.
- Craniopuncture Yamamoto (YNSA) – Prof. Dr. Toshikatsu Yamamoto – Spain.
- Acupuncture in psychological and psychiatric changes, with Dr. Radha Thambirajah – Barcelona.
He also has other trainings in various complementary therapies.